Fort Worth Texas

We recently went to Fort Worth for a day -- a new favorite for us! More specifically we visited the stockyards...this was the best!! Fort Worth was what I imagined all of Texas to be like. To be honest, I have been pretty disappointed with Texas. I expected to fall in love with it, like I have with Virginia and Colorado. I imagined it to be rich in history, gorgeous western decor everywhere, antiques, leather, boots, and hats, horses, and tacos...and to my surprise, all of these things have been few and far between. I haven't loved Texas, because it has not been at all what I imagined it to be, and it has been unable to live up to my expectations as a whole. But, Fort Worth, was everything that I dreamed of. It was Texas bottled up in one city. I was in heaven.

Everyday, Monday through Sunday, the stockyards run the longhorn cattle down the street for the public to view. This tradition is honoring their history and their culture. We got there just in time, and we were able to stand on the curb and capture the cowboys and cattle making their journey down the street. It was more of a slow, walk then a run! Haha. The cattle seemed to be pretty used to being the stars of the show. Everyone was wearing hats, boots, and the cowboys all looked so American and classic.


















The stockyards are lined with bars, restaurants, and amazing stores. We did quite a bit of walking, and our favorite store that we stumbled upon was "The Cross-Eyed Moose". This store was a gem and is just as unique as it's name. It was stuffed to the brim with old animal mounts, Native American heirlooms, and basically anything you could imagine.







Before hitting the road back to Wichita Falls, we had to swing by In&Out Burger for lunch and a shake! Thanks for following along. Happy traveling!

--Lauran

Comments

Popular Posts