Little House on the Peach Farm Details & Decor

I knew I would love decorating a home and making it my own, but I didn't realize that I would enjoy it this much. I am obsessed with home decor, and lucky for me, so is Duke! We are so lucky that our taste and style is similar, so we rarely have disagreements about the way that I decorate things. If you couldn't already tell, I love old things. And animal skulls, and American flags. Give me all things America. 


I love being creative when working with our space. I love a mix of textures and vibes. I like to describe my style as "Western Americana". Haha. I found this skull in Colorado and drove it all the way back to Virginia with me -- but it is originally from Mexico. I love finding cool stuff like this at a good price. Also can we talk about how MUCH I miss CO?!? So freaking much. My western flare was definitely inspired by my time there. 



Here is a perfect example of real life...and saving money. We do not have a bed frame yet! Our bed is sitting directly in the floor. It is also a hand-me-down from family. We picked out the king size mattress and bed frame that we wanted months ago, but it has taken us a bit to save up for it. Real life is expensive folks! Hopefully by January this room will be looking much more "adult". We plan to move the bed currently in our room to our spare room, complete with a vintage white metal bed frame.


The hardwood floors and white walls in this house make my heart so happy. It is exactly what I want in all of my houses. I love the look of a good Turkish rug on old, well loved, floors. I don't think I will ever be able to deal with carpet after living in this tiny farmhouse.

This dresser was built by my Grandad many years ago as a gift for my mom. She used it in my baby nursery. Now it sits in my first house. It funny how life happens so quickly. Special things like this are my favorite, and I can't wait to pass it down to my babies one day.




This sweet little first home is filled with well loved, intentional, vintage and thrift finds. We love things that have a story. 

Comments

Popular Posts