Seeking God in Your Everyday Life


This can be hard. So so hard. Honestly, I don't think I am the best person to talk about this, because it is still a work in progress for me. I don't know where I stand in my religion most days. I grew up going to church, but do I love it? Not really. Judge me if you want, but I want to keep this blog honest & real. My favorite worship is done on my own; that is when I feel closest to God. I want to be on fire for the Lord, and here is how I am getting there. I hope this helps any of you struggling with the same thing!


Worship music speaks to my soul. It will turn my mood around in an instant, and make my mind feel at peace. It comforts me, and even hours after listening, I will catch myself humming the tune and praying the words out loud.

- Oceans (Where My Feet Fail) by Hillsong UNITED
- You Make me Brave by Bethel Music & Amanda Cook
- I Surrender by Hillsong UNITED

& so so many more, but these are my favorites right now. Sing them. Pray them. Dance to them. If they make you want to cry, let yourself cry. Feel any and all them.


My favorite advice, BATTLE SCRIPTURES!! This was actually recommended to me by a friend who has been helping me along this spiritual journey (Hey Eryn, love you!!). We must arm ourselves for battle. Everyday is a fight, and we need to be prepared. I suffer from anxiety, and I frequently feel overcome with fear. In these moments, I pull out my journal of battle scriptures and read them aloud. I speak them over myself, and claim them as my own. Think it, claim it, frame it. Below you can find my favorite ones!!

"Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

"You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

"Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking from someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith." 1 Peter 5:8-9

"Not by might nor power, but by My spirit, says the Lord of hosts!" Zechariah 4:6

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and all over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you." Luke 10:19

"Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is fighting for you." Deuteronomy 3:22


This post was hard for me to write, but I think the hard stuff is normally the best stuff.

xo, Lauran






Comments

Popular Posts